The FAI have issued ‘Points of Note’ regarding Transfers and Registrations – COVID Response. See the guidelines here.
Leagues Resuming 2019/20 Winter Season
• Any club competing in a resuming 2019/20 winter season cannot sign players – free agent registrations included. (No Transfers are permitted within your league).
• No club can sign any player for 2020/21 winter season until their respective 2019/20 winter league season has been completed.
• If a league finishes before the extension deadline clubs may then complete transfers for 2020/21 winter season. Registrations for the 2020/21 winter season can then be processed on FAInet.
• Any clubs competing in a 2020 summer league cannot sign a player from a 2019/20 winter league until their season is completed.
• Any clubs competing in a 2020 summer league can sign players up until the 30th of September where a league has completed their league (extended leagues) and unattached players thereafter.
• The registration window has now passed and will not be extended beyond the 31st of March deadline.
Current 2020 Summer Season Leagues
• Current 2020 summer season leagues may sign players that are unattached and may do so up until the 30th of September.
• Players may transfer from a summer season league to a summer season league during their regular transfer period.
• No summer season club may sign a player from a 2019/20 winter league who have been granted an extension until the league has been completed.
Leagues Commencing 2020/21 Winter Season
• Leagues that have cancelled their 2019/20 winter season and are due to commence the 2020/21 winter season may begin registering their players from the 1st of July 2020.
• Only players from a cancelled 2019/20 winter season or unattached may be signed during this period.
• Under no circumstance is any player playing in an extended 2019/20 winter season eligible to transfer to a club preparing for the 2020/21 winter season and 2020 summer season until their respective league has been completed.
• Once a 2019/20 winter season has been completed that player is now unattached and eligible to transfer or sign for a club preparing for the 2020/21 winter season and 2020 summer season.